Below is an overview of the admission requirements for the full-time grade Teacher Education in English programme.
Dutch Applicants with the subject clusters Culture & Society, Economics & Society, Nature & Health and Nature & Technology qualify for automatic admission.
Senior secondary vocational education (MBO)
To qualify for admission to HU University of Applied Sciences Utrecht, you have to have completed MBO level 4. For further details, see the information about ‘Studying after MBO’.
For queries about requesting exemptions for the English language version of this programme, please contact the intake coordinator firstname.lastname@example.org.
Admissions assessment 21+
For Dutch nationals who do not meet the admission requirements and are older than 21, you may be able to qualify for admission under the admissions assessment 21+ scheme. This does not apply to non-Dutch residents.
Admission requirements international students
1. (Senior) secondary school diploma with higher education entrance qualification
- An International Baccalaureate or European Baccalaureate Diploma
- Australia: a pass in the Australian Matriculation Examination
- China: senior middle school diploma
- France: Baccalauréat
- Germany: Abitur (allgemeine Hochschulreife) or Fachhochschulreife
- Italy: Diploma di Maturita
- Switzerland: Maturitatszeugnis
- The Netherlands: HAVO or VWO or MBO level 4
- UK: GCE - A levels, 6 (I)GCSE grades with A, B or C scores
- United States: High School diploma with college preparatory programme
If your Diploma is not on the list, or should you like further precisions, please refer to International Office.
2. A proof of English proficiency
Computer based (CBT) minimum 213
Paper based minimum 550
Internet based (iBT) minimum 80